Tuesday, December 1, 2015

#Socks, #Spinning, making #DyeStock, and #Dyeing #Handspun #Alpaca #Yarn

Well, I'm definitely back into the knitting and spinning life! I spent yesterday morning knitting on the Spinning Ginny Original - Handspun - Dyed - Knitted - Pretty n pink - Alpaca - Adult Ladies Socks - Size 5.
Later I found my way upstairs to the spinning room.  Once I sat down and started spinning, I was in the zone!!  I finished refilling the first bobbin (I think I went a little over board, as it started spilling over into the groove of the bobbin)
the second bobbin was put on the spinning wheel, it was empty,
before long, it was half full
 
I even found some time to make up some dye stock.  These will be used to start in dying up yarn in the future.
In this first picture, starting at your right, I have Royal Blue, Sun Yellow, Scarlet and Fire Red.
In this second picture and again starting at your right, I have Aztec Gold, Turquoise, Violet, and Black.  Then while I still had my dye pot at the ready, I dyed up 2 skeins of handspun 3 ply white alpaca yarn in some beautiful Turquoise dye and this is what the skeins look like now ( I just printed out the labels after rewinding them and figuring out their yardage).
This morning its back to knitting on the socks, well see whether I find my way back up to the spinning room later today.
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment