Friday, December 4, 2015

Lots of Spinning!

Look at what I did yesterday!  Despite the fact that I overslept and had a migraine headache (took something to help get rid of it), I managed to get all of this done.
I finished filling up the third bobbin.
The first bobbin (on the right) weights (with bobbin) 5 1/8 ounces - 2 ounces (for bobbin) = 3 1/8 ounces.
The second bobbin (in the middle) weights (with bobbin) 5 ounces - 2 ounces (for bobbin) = 3 ounces.
The third bobbin (on the left) weights (with bobbin) 5 1/4 ounces - 2 ounces (for bobbin) = 3 1/4 ounces.
The total weight (with bobbins) is 15 3/8 ounces - 6 ounces (for bobbins) = 9 3/8 ounces of spun single white alpaca.
I then placed this empty bobbin on my spinning wheel to get ready for plying up my eighth skein of white alpaca.
It didn't take me very long to fill this bobbin with 3 ply white alpaca yarn.  Then I wound it off onto my niddy noddy, washed it and hung it to dry.
Then I reweighted these bobbins.
The first bobbin (on the right) weights (with bobbin) 4 1/8 ounces - 2 ounces (for bobbin) = 2 1/8 ounces.
The second bobbin (in the middle) weights (with bobbin) 3 7/8 ounces - 2 ounces (for bobbin) = 1 7/8 ounces.
The third bobbin (on the left) weights (with bobbin) 4 1/4 ounces - 2 ounces (for bobbin) = 2 1/4 ounces.
The total weight (with bobbins) is 12 1/8 ounces - 6 ounces (for bobbins) = 6 1/8 ounces of spun single white alpaca.
I then placed this empty bobbin on my spinning wheel to get ready for plying up my nineth skein of white alpaca.  I then went right back to plying and soon had another bobbin filled with 3 ply white alpaca yarn.
Not a bad days worth of work, even with oversleeping and having a migraine.
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment