Monday, December 21, 2015

Finished, New listing, New Project, Spinning, Knitting

Afternoon Everyone!  Sorry I'm late!!  I've been busy taking photo's and listing the Handspun - Knitted - Cornflower - Suri Alpaca - Lace Scarf.  I finished this scarf early Saturday morning, washed and blocked it.
This morning I took some photo's and then listed it on my website.
 

Also on Saturday I started on a new project.  I pulled out my skein of Handspun - Maleficent - Mohair - Yarn and started casting on for a Spinning Ginny Original - Handspun - Knitted - Maleficent - Mohair - Cellular - Cowl.  I say this is original as I'm designing this Cowl myself.  Its a little slow going, right now and this is how far I've gotten.
This yarn started out as Mohair locks from https://www.etsy.com/shop/PhoenixFarmFiber, who dyed the locks this beautiful dark purple and named it "Maleficent".
I finally finished filling up the third bobbin of White Alpaca
The first bobbin weights 4 7/8 ounces - 2 ounces (for bobbin) = 2 7/8 ounces
The second bobbin weights 4 5/8 ounces - 2 ounces (for bobbin) = 2 5/8 ounces
The third bobbin weights 4 3/4 ounces - 2 ounces (for bobbin) = 2 3/4 ounces
The total weight of spun single yarn is 2 7/8 + 2 5/8 + 2 3/4 = 8 1/4 ounces
Shortly after this, I began the plying process and this is how much I spun before I stopped spinning for the day.
Then I moved on to start knitting on my mom's Christmas present, the leg is getting longer. 
I'm guessing 2 more pattern repeats, but it could be 3 repeats more before I start the heal flap.
Then I picked up my brothers Christmas present, the leg is getting longer.
I'm guessing 2 more pattern repeats, but it could be 3 repeats more before I start the heal flap.
Sunday I took a break from all of the above and enjoyed the day with my husband.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment