Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Day Surgery, #Plying, #Dyeing, #Socks, and new #Listings

Oh my goodness!  What a day I had yesterday!!  I was awake at 4:43 am and my husband was up right after me at 5:00 am.  He was having day surgery again (Lithotripsy).  He had this procedure done back on October and the big stone in his kidney was blasted pretty good.  We thought that he had passed all of the stone but last month when he saw the doctor for a recheck, the x-ray showed 2 fragments left.  So here we were getting up bright and early again, praying that this time would be the last.  So I put my store on vacation mode and it was a good thing too as we didn't get home until 2:45 pm.
However, last Friday and over the weekend, I did get lots done.  Friday for instance, I plied up another skein (making it #9 from Bellagio's fleece).  Then I listed 3 pairs of Spinning Ginny Original - Handspun - Knitted - Alpaca - Adult Ladies Socks.  A couple of a pair were custom orders, but the customer was having a lot of things happening in her family and just couldn't buy them.  So I listed them on my website.
Then I took the pair that I just finished and listed them too.
The other thing I did from last Friday and over the weekend was to start a new Category on my website.....called Lace Wt. Handspun.  I have decided to try and expand my store and since I spin yarn anyway and have had a couple of people ask me if I had any Handspun Yarn for sale.  I thought I'd give it a shot.  So I took 2 skeins that I had recently spun and dyed a Turquoise color and listed them.
Then the 2 skeins that I finished on Thursday and Friday of last week I dyed on Saturday afternoon in a Royal Blue color, and on Sunday I listed them after printing out the labels and rewinding them to figure out their yardage.
So the last 4 days have been pretty busy and today I'm back to spinning and taking care of my husband.


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the light blue!! I hope that your husband is OK and that they got all of it this time! ~KM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, the light blue is actually Turquoise. Tony's doing fine, just hasn't passed much of anything just yet. We're hoping that this will be the last time, but you just never know what tomorrow holds.

      Delete