Monday, December 28, 2015

Quiet Christmas, but back to work again.

I hope you all had a Merry Christmas!  It was a quiet one here!!  There were family phone calls from Alaska, California, North Carolina and Florida.  We had a nice Pork Roast for our Christmas Dinner.  Sue-chi our dog started out not feeling well and we thought, that she might not make it through Christmas, but she's pulled through and is doing much better.  My husband is still having a lot of discomfort from his kidney stones, but over all he's doing better too.  Unfortunately, I ended up under the weather...with an earache and a head stuffed up like a stuffed animal!!......today though I'm feeling a little better.
I able to work on my knitting and even got into the spinning room to do some more spinning!  The first this I did this morning was knit on my Handspun - Knitted - Maleficent - Mohair - Irish Lace - Cowl.
After knitting several rows on it, I moved on to my mom's Christmas present (its going to be late).
I now have the cuff and leg finished and the heel flap is almost done.  Still need to do the heel turn, gusset, instep and toe take off for this sock, before I can start on the mate.  Then I moved on to my brother's Christmas present (which might end up being his birthday present instead).
The leg is almost finished, only 9 more rows to go and then I'll start on the heel flap.
Then after all that knitting, it was time to head upstairs to the spinning room and finish plying.
It didn't take very only to finish refilling this bobbin with some 3 ply white alpaca yarn.  So once I had this bobbin filled I wound off the yarn onto my niddy noddy and then washed and hung this skein to dry.  While it was drying, I started plying up yet another skein, but this was as far as I got today.
Tomorrow is another day so this bobbin will be filled soon and the new skein ready for washing.


No comments:

Post a Comment