Wednesday, December 2, 2015

#Socks and #Spinning

Yesterday, I finished the leg and heel flap and then started in on the heel turn.
Then I headed upstairs to the spinning room to do some spinning.  I finished refilling the second bobbin.
The first bobbin weights 5 1/8 ounces (with bobbin) and 3 1/8 ounces (without bobbin).
The second bobbin weights 5 ounces (with bobbin) and 3 ounces (without bobbin).
Total weight 10 1/8 ounces (with bobbin) 6 1/8 ounces (without bobbin).
Then I put the third bobbin on the wheel, now this bobbin isn't empty, so didn't start from scratch on this one, like I did with the second bobbin.
Anyways, I began spinning and only stopped now and then to get up and stretch, take sue-chi out, run a few errands, and cook dinner.  After dinner I was back at the spinning wheel again.  I finally stopped spinning around 6:50 pm and ended up with the bobbin being 3/4 full.
Today I start off finishing up the heel turn on the sock and going onto the gusset and instep and I hope to finish filling up the third bobbin and start plying up the 8th skein of white alpaca yarn.
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment