Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Stitches are out! Yippee!! Lots of spinning today!!! #spinning #bobbins #alpaca #white

Well, I went and got my stitches out today (2 hours ago).  I'm so happy, and when I got home I headed straight to the spinning room.  It was so nice to be sitting behind my old friend (spinning wheel), and spinning up alpaca again.  Oh yes, the alpaca fiber feels so nice again in my hands.
This is the third bobbin, that I'm refilling again and I'm getting close to filling it up.  I think another batt will do it.  I was right!  It only took 1 more batt to fill it up.  Now I have 3 full bobbins.
The first bobbin (on right) weights 5 1/8 ounces - 2 ounces (for bobbin) = 3 1/8 ounces
The second bobbin (middle) weights 4 1/4 ounces - 2 ounces (for bobbin) = 2 1/4 ounces
The third bobbin (on left) weights 4 7/8 ounces - 2 ounces (for bobbin) = 2 7/8 ounces
Total  3 1/8 + 2 1/4 + 2 7/8 ounces = 8 1/4 ounces of spun single alpaca yarn.
Now to start in plying up the 16th skein of 3 ply white alpaca yarn.
Whoohoo!  Another full bobbin of Handspun 3 ply White Alpaca Yarn from Bellagio's Fleece.
Now to wind it off onto my niddy noddy, wash it and hang it to dry.  Then start in plying up the 17th skein.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment