Wednesday, November 25, 2015

The day before Thanksgiving

The day before Thanksgiving, and up in the spinning room
the only noise heard, was the whirring of a spinning wheel.
Buckets of hand carded batts, laid very carefully,
with high hopes of being spun into yarn very soon.
An almost empty bobbin was placed on the spinning wheel,
and oil was put in all the right places.
I began prepping, and getting ready for
a fun time of spinning.
When after one batt was spun up, I reached for another
Slowly the bobbin began to fill. 
The morning turned to afternoon, I whistled and hummed
while I worked.  I continued to spin and soon it was time
to put everything aside.  A fairly good days worth of work
was done.
A half filled bobbin is what I had done!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. You do go fast!!! Enjoy your Thanksgiving!! I hope you are surrounded with friends / family and have a great day! ~KM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and Happy Thanksgiving you and your family.

      Delete