Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Knitting needles clicking away bright and early, with a little spinning later on

What do you do when you can't sleep?  When I can't sleep, I head into the spinning room and start knitting and spinning.  Today was one of those mornings when I was in the spinning room bright and early, with the knitting needles clicking away.
I started off knitting on the Spinning Ginny Original - Handspun - Knitted - White - Alpaca - Adult Ladies Socks - Size 5.  I finished up the heel flap and heel turn, then started in on the gusset.
Then I changed over to knitting on the Spinning Ginny Original - Custom Ordered - Handspun - Knitted - Black - Alpaca - Infinity Scarf.
As you can see from this picture, the sun was up and shinning in through the window, when I put my knitting down, to go and eat breakfast.
Later I came back and picked up my knitting needles once again, but this time to start in knitting on the Spinning Ginny Original - Handspun - Knitted - Pink - Merino - Cabled - Hat.
I picked up all 68 stitches around and 17 rows knitted for the body of the hat.  I have 5 1/2 inches knitted from the bottom edge so far and need to knit another 1/2 inches, before I start decreasing for the crown.
Now I'm ready to head over to the spinning wheel to finish plying.
Wow, this morning has been truly productive.  I just finished plying up the 6th skein of white alpaca, from Bellagio's fleece.  Here's what my 3 bobbins look like now after plying up 2 skeins.
The first bobbin weights 3 3/8 ounces (with bobbin) - 2 ounces (for bobbin) = 1 3/8 ounces
The second bobbin weights 3 ounces (with bobbin) - 2 ounces (for bobbin) = 1 ounce
The third bobbin weights 3 1/4 ounces (with bobbin) - 2 ounces (for bobbin) = 1 1/4 ounces
Total weight is 1 3/8 + 1 + 1 1/4 = 4 5/8 ounces left to spin

Now if I subtract the 3 3/8 ounces, I started out with, from the total amount I have left after plying up the 6th skein, it would look something like this.

3 3/8 - 4 5/8 = 1 1/4 ounces is what I should have in the skein I just finished plying up.   Tomorrow is another day and I think, I just might ply up the 7th skein then.

No comments:

Post a Comment