Monday, November 9, 2015

Knitting first Spinning later

Well, Friday I after showing off my knitting and handspun dyed alpaca yarn.  I was supposed to go and do some spinning.  However, I never got around to getting into the spinning room, to spin, just to wind one skein of handspun dyed alpaca into to a center pull ball.
Then I came back downstairs and started back knitting.  Not on the new pair of socks with the newly handspun dyed yarn.  Instead I went back to knitting on the Spinning Ginny Original - Handspun - Knitted - White - Alpaca - Adult Ladies Socks Size 5.
I really like how this sock is looking!  I may just start a new trend on my handspun knitted socks.  LOL
Saturday morning, I woke up bright and early (4:13 am to be exact) and after taking Sue-Chi out and then going through my normal routine.  I finally sat down and started knitting on the Spinning Ginny Original - Custom Ordered - Handspun - Knitted - Dyed - Pretty n Pink - Alpaca - Adult Ladies Socks - Size 6 (Customer changed mind on sock size and decided to go with a size 6 instead of size 7).
23 rows knitted in 1 hour 35 minutes 55 seconds.  Not a bad start for a Saturday!
Then 7 hours 31 minutes 29 seconds later, the first sock looked like this.
Then Sunday morning I finished up the sock
I had every intention of starting on the mate, but something came up and so I ended up in the Spinning room at 1 pm spinning and almost had the first bobbin refilled again, before stopping for the day.
Quite a lot was accomplished this weekend.  Hoping to accomplish even more this week, so stay tuned. 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment