Wednesday, November 4, 2015

First Pair of Custom Ordered Socks Finished Yesterday

Oh boy, where did yesterday go to!  First off, yesterday morning started great.  I washed and blocked the first pair of Spinning Ginny Original - Custom Ordered - Handspun - Knitted - White - Alpaca - Adult Ladies Socks - Size 6
Then because I'm waiting on the dye to arrive, so that I can do some dyeing this week.  I took the left over yarn from this first pair of socks and started in knitting on a new pair of socks.  This pair of socks will be different.  You see, I had a customer mention that my handspun socks were a little loose on her feet, even though they were the correct size.  So I decided to do an experiment.  When I first started knitting socks, would knit patterns into them, but it took longer to knit them, even though they looked fabulous.  So I started knitting plain socks and was knitting them up faster and just stuck with it.  I like knitting both types of socks (plain and patterned) and want to please my customers.  Well, anyways, I started in knitting on a new pair with the left over yarn and time got away from me. 
I used the same number of stitches (60), but the pattern draws it in slightly.  I don't know if you can tell from these pictures or not.  The leg on this sock is finished and I have 4 1/2 rows completed on the heel flap.  The pattern I'm using is a 4 stitch pattern with 6 rows that you repeat until you have the length you want.  Since this pair is going to be a size 5, I only knitted 11 pattern repeats, plus 11 rows of ribbing and that gives me 6 1/8 inches for the leg. 
Today I'll finish the heel flap, heel turn, and hopefully the gusset!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment