Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Second bobbin finished and more

Well, if you've been following my blog, you know I've been knitting on a lot of custom orders and most recently starting to finally spin up Bellagio's creamy white alpaca fleece.  Yesterday I finished filling up the second bobbin with Bellagio's creamy white alpaca fleece.
The weight of the first bobbin was 5 1/8 ounces and the second bobbin weighted 4 7/8 ounces, this is of course the total weight of both the bobbin and the yarn.  The bobbins weight 2 ounces, so if you subtract the weight of the bobbins from the total weight, you have..... 3 1/8 + 2 7/8 = 5 8/8 or 6 ounces of spun singles.  Once I had this weight figured out, I started in filling up the third bobbin.
I continued spinning until dinner time, but only managed to get this much spun
I know its not a whole lot more then the picture above, but I needed go and set the table for dinner.  We were going to have Garlic-Herbed Pot Roast and after 10 hours of cooking it was ready to serve.
It was delicious!  Having the leftovers tonight.  Mmmmmmm, can't wait!!
After supper though, sat down and started knitting away on a custom ordered - handspun - knitted - black - alpaca - infinity scarf.
This picture is what the scarf looked like, when I started on it last night.
All I need to do is cast off, sew it together, weave in all loose threads. wash and block it, sew in the label, and print a hanging tag.  I still have 2 pairs of socks to knit up once I finish spinning up the yarn.


2 comments: