Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Pass the Alpaca fiber please

Good Morning Everyone!  Please pass the Alpaca fiber, its time to spin up some more yarn.  I've just oiled my wheel and I'm ready to start spinning, where I left off yesterday.
I just about have this second bobbin filled, with "Bellagio's" white alpaca fleece.  I've already emptied 1 bucket and I'm about 1/4 of the way through a second bucket.
I was curious the other day, as to just how many ounces I had spun up on the first bobbin.  So I pulled out an empty bobbin (the bobbin wasn't completely empty as it had a leader ont it) and weighted it,...it weighted exactly 2 ounces.  Then I weighted the first bobbin and with it being full and all, it weighted 5 1/8 ounces.  I then subtracted 2 ounces from the 5 1/8 ounces and came up with 3 1/8 ounces of spun single white alpaca yarn.  Its going to be interesting as to just how much this second bobbin will weight when its full, not to mention the third bobbin.  I'll keep you posted though!


No comments:

Post a Comment