Tuesday, October 27, 2015

On a Mission to rewind skeins of handspun yarn.

Yesterday morning I was on a mission, to rewind 7 skeins of handspun alpaca yarn.  I managed to get them all rewound, and labeled, before heading out to go grocery shopping.

Top left to right: 3 ply black alpaca yarn 229.5 yards 98 grams , 206 yards 88 grams, 221.5 yards 94 grams, 245.5 yards 102 grams. Bottom left to right: 2 ply black alpaca yarn 125 yards 38 grams, 3 ply white alpaca yarn 232 yards 8 grams, 269 yards 90 grams. 2 skeins of 3 ply black alpaca yarn will be used for a custom ordered infinity scarf and the 2 skeins of 3 ply white alpaca yarn are for a pair of custom ordered adult ladies size 6 alpaca socks.
After we came back from the grocery shopping, I took one of the skeins of handspun white alpaca yarn and rewound it into a center pull ball.  Then I began knitting on the first pair of custom ordered white alpaca adult ladies socks size 6.
I almost have the leg finished, only need to knit 2 more rows and then I'll start on the heel flap.
Today though, I will be back at the spinning wheel, spinning up more of Bellagio's fleece.  I'm hoping to finish refilling the second bobbin and starting on refilling the third bobbin.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment