Friday, October 30, 2015

Another bobbin refilled and............

Well, I did it!  Yesterday I finished refilling the third bobbin.
So after removing that bobbin from my spinning wheel and replacing it with an empty one, I went and reweighted the first and second bobbin (as I forgot what they weighted).  Then I weighted the third bobbin and here's what I got.
5 1/4 ounces (first bobbin) - 2 ounces = 3 1/4 ounces
4 1/2 ounces (second bobbin) - 2 ounces = 2 1/2 ounces
4 7/8 ounces (third bobbin) - 2 ounces = 2 7/8 ounces
3 1/4 + 2 1/2 + 2 7/8 = 8 5/8 ounces of spun single ply yarn.
Now I was ready to begin plying.
Which I did shortly after that.  Two hours later I had this full bobbin of handspun 3 ply white alpaca yarn ( my third skein of yarn from Bellagio's fleece)
 
Today this skein is going to be washed and a fourth skein plied up.  Last night I ordered the pink dye to dyed this yarn for my customers daughters socks, it will arrive next week sometime and then I'll dye up this yarn, wait for it to dry and then start in knitting on another pair of custom ordered - handspun - knitted - dyed - pink - alpaca - adult ladies socks - size 7
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment