Monday, October 26, 2015

A Time to Ply and then beginning the process all over again

Friday I finished filling the third bobbin with Bellagio's creamy white alpaca fleece.  This bobbin weighted with 4 5/8 ounces when I finished filling it.  However, if you subtract the 2 ounces that the bobbin weights by itself, there's really only 2 5/8 ounces of spun yarn.
Once I had the third bobbin filled, I removed it and placed it on my homemade lazy kate.  These three bobbin together were 14 5/8 ounces with bobbins included.  When I subtracted the bobbins from this I came up with 8 5/8 of spun single creamy white alpaca.
Then I started in beginning to ply up my first skein of creamy white alpaca yarn from Bellagio's fleece.
I stayed up in my spinning room until I finished plying up the first skein.
I weight this full skein of 3 ply yarn and it weight 5 1/4 ounces, with the bobbins weight of 2 ounces subtracted from it, I ended up with 3 1/4 ounces of 3 ply creamy white alpaca yarn from Bellagio's fleece.
Saturday at the Farmers Market, I plied up a second skein of 3 ply yarn and 3 hours and frozen beet red fingers, I packed everything up and headed home.  Once home and after I had unloaded my car and put everything away, I took this picture of another bobbin of handspun 3 ply creamy white alpaca yarn.
Before I started plying up the second skein of 3 ply yarn, I weighted all 3 skeins and I had 3 3/8 ounces left on all three bobbins.  Then I took this picture of the 3 bobbins with yarn still on them, and weighted them to see just how many ounces I had left on them after plying up 2 skeins of 3 ply yarn.
There just happens to be 2 5/8 ounces left between these 3 bobbins. (left to right) First bobbin 5/8 ounces, second bobbin 7/8 ounces, third bobbin 1 1/8 ounces. 
Sunday I refilled the first bobbin again and then weighted it.
  It weighted 5 1/4 ounces with the weight of the bobbin, minus the weight of the bobbin it weighted 3 1/4 ounces.  Then I started in refilling the second bobbin.
 
Then I decided to stop and wash up the 2 skeins of 3 ply creamy white alpaca yarn, that I plied up on Friday and Saturday.  Once those were washed and hung to dry it was time to get ready for bed.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment