Monday, October 19, 2015

Finished up all of the black alpaca fleece and more

On Friday I left you with plying up a skein of 3 ply black alpaca.  I ended up plying up 2 skeins of 3 ply black alpaca and 1 skein of 2 ply black alpaca to finish off the all of the black alpaca fleece.  I washed them and hung them to dry.  Today I'll be rewinding those skeins and printing up labels.  I'll trying to get pictures of them tomorrow. 
Once I had the black alpaca fleece finished, I pulled out all the buckets of "Bellagio's" white alpaca fleece.
There are 10 buckets in this picture filled with carded batts, from "Bellagio's" white fleece.  One of the buckets though has batts in it that I have for sale.  I just had to show you just how much fleece I have.  This is going to be fun spinning as its so very soft just like the brown, and black alpaca that I've been having fun with.
I even had a little time left in the day to begin spinning up one of the batts (actually 1 1/2 batts).
Then on Saturday at the Farmers Market, spun up a little more, not much as its was pretty windy and I had to keep getting up to pick up items, that the wind blew off the tables.
However, when I got home and unpacked the car, I was back at the spinning wheel spinning up a storm.  I finished filling up the first bobbin and started filling the second bobbin.  I need to spin up 4 skeins of yarn from this fleece for 2 custom ordered pairs of socks ( 2 skeins I need to dye pink)
Also over the week end I finished knitting up the second custom ordered hat, so another custom order is completed.
Now, I'm working on a new custom order, another black alpaca infinity scarf. 
I still have quite a distance to go yet on this scarf.
So as you can see, I stayed busy over the weekend.
 


2 comments: