Saturday, February 13, 2016

Dye pot's on the stove and Presidents Day Weekend Sale

Good Morning Everyone!  Today I'm pulling out the dye pot and dyeing up 2 new skeins of Handspun White Alpaca Yarn.  I'm dyeing these 2 skeins Turquoise and I'm also making up 2 new dye stocks.  One dye stock is going to be Royal Blue as I'm out of that right now and the other will be Pink.
 
This picture is me just getting ready.  I have my Turquoise all ready, just need to make up the other 2 dye stocks, before I actually start dyeing.
Now that I have the Royal Blue and Pink dye stock all made up, I'm letting them cool down before I screw the tops down.
Now I'm going to take the Turquoise and add it to my empty dye pot and then add 6 more pints of water, bring it to a low boil (I mean low boil were its just starting to get the bubbles at the bottom of the pan) and add my 1/4 cup vinegar.  Then I'll add my first skein of Handspun White Alpaca to the dye bath.
Then I'll let it steep for 30 minutes, when the 30 minutes are up, I'll turn the heat off and let it cool down for 30 minutes.  Then I'll soak it for 5 minutes in hot water and Synthrapol, (speaking of which I need to order some more, as I'm getting low) then squeeze out as much water as I can and hang it to dry.  I'll repeat this process for the 2nd skein.
 
Happy Presidents Day! Spinning Ginny is taking 25% off her entire inventory.
Sale starts 2/13/16 ends 2/16/16!
http://www.spinningginny.com/
 


No comments:

Post a Comment